Menu Close

Adult Student Visa

If you intend to study but are not a national of Switzerland or other countries in the European Economic Area, then you need a Tier 4 (General) Student visa. However, if you are below the age of 16, you need to apply for a Tier 4 (Child) Student visa instead.

To be eligible to apply for the Tier 4 (General) Student visa also known as the Adult Student visa, you need to have been offered admission to study in a recognized UK educational institution. You also need to prove the English language proficiency. This usually requires you to successfully pass a SELT (secure English language test). You also need to prove you have access to adequate funds to pay for your course and support yourself. Once you have been offered admission, you can apply within 3 months of the start of your course of study.

The Tier 4 (General) Student visa application uses a point-based system, which can be complicated and difficult to apply for successfully. Our team of immigration lawyers will ensure your application is up to standard. At Optimus Law firm, we will

Assess your eligibility for the Tier 4 (General) Student visa, and ensure it is the right category for your course of study;

What We Can Do For You

Obtain your CAS number, and ensure application forms are correctly filled and required supplementary documents are properly submitted:

  • Liaise with both the Home Office and your licensed Tier 4 sponsor (the educational institution you wish to study at);
  • Prepare a letter of representation to be submitted along with the rest of the application.
  • Provide you will legal counsel after a decision have been made on your application.

Contact us and discuss your immigration needs


To apply for the General Student visa, you need to be a person over the age of 16 who has been offered a place on a course of study with an educational institution with a licenced Tier 4 sponsor. You also need to provide proof that you have access to funds to pay for your studies and cater for your needs.

The application process is convoluted. You need to provide identification documents and fill out exhaustive application forms. Our experienced legal team are ready to help if you are unsure about any sections of the application form as well as needed supplementary forms you need to fill out and submit.

You can arrive in the UK within a month of the start of your course of study. You can stay in the UK for up to 28 days after the completion of your course of study. If you wish to extend your stay, you have to apply to switch your visa category or apply for an extension to continue your course or study a new course.

Yes, you can as long as it does not interfere with your course of study. You can work for up to 20 hours a week. You can also work as a student union sabbatical officer. If you stop pursuing your course of study before the full length of your course, you are not allowed to continue working as doing so breaches the Adult Student visa conditions.

With our consistent track record of accomplishment in student visa applications, your application is in the best hands. Our team of capable lawyers will ensure your application is done properly and submitted on time. We provide services including –

  • Determining your eligibility for a Tier 4 (General) Student visa and discussing other student visa options available,
  • Filling out the visa application and submitting all supplementary documents in a timely manner. We will ensure you have sufficient educational and identification documentation for a successful application.
  • Liaising with the Home Office and your intended institution of study for the length of your application.
  • Providing you with expert advice and guidance as pertaining to your application.


Our Clients Say

If you are still not sure about choosing us, hear from our clients themselves.

Robina is a very reliable, helpful and experienced immigration solicitor in our area. I had a successful appeal with my Tier 1 applications with the help from Robina.

Laura Jayne

I’ve loved my experience with Optimus Law. Very friendly staff, easy to talk with, they follow up with you and keep you updated! And surely I will keep using their services.


I required a premium service application to bring my spouse to the UK in time for Christmas and the team at Optimus Law were great. Managed to do everything well before expectation. Professional service would recommend Robina to anyone!!


Do You Have An Enquiry?

Get In Touch Or Fill Out Our Online Enquiry Form.