Tier 2 to Permanent Residence
If you are currently employed under a Tier 2 visa, then you may be able to switch to an indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
You need to have stayed in the UK for at least five years before you apply for Permanent Residence also known as ILR. Once you have been granted an indefinite leave to remain in the UK, you will no longer be limited by certain Tier 2 visa regulations such as having to work for only licenced sponsors. Also, if you wish to change employment as a permanent resident, you do not need to comply with the steps set for persons who are not permanent residents.
At Optimus Law, we know the importance of being able to live, study and work in the UK without the stringent conditions that come with several visa categories. As such, we are ready to help you successfully switch from being a temporary resident to a permanent resident. We will ensure you are well prepared for the ‘Life in the UK’ test as well as the English language test. A competent lawyer assigned you will prepare a cover letter to support your application. We will also ensure all the needed documents are available and are satisfactory.
If you have stayed in the UK for at least five years, then you are entitled to apply for settlement (or ILR).
You have to meet requirements including:
- Earning a required amount of salary GBP 41,500;
- Living and working in the UK;
- Being lawfully employed by a Tier 2 licenced sponsor;
- Having no unspent convictions.
f your Tier 2 visa is for a period of 5 years and a month, you can start the application process before your Tier 2 visa expires. You have to submit your application via the Home Office website. You also will need to successfully meet English language requirements and pass the ‘Life in the UK’ test.
At Optimus Law, we know the significance of being able to live, study and work in the UK without inflexible conditions that come with several visa categories. As such, we are ready to help you successfully switch from being a temporary resident to a permanent resident. As part of our services, we will:
- Ensure you are well prepared for the ‘Life in the UK’ test as well as the English language test;
- Assign your case to a competent lawyer who will prepare a cover letter to support your application;
- Ensure all the needed documents are available and are satisfactory;
- Make sure all the needed documents are filed properly;
- Prepare and organise your application;
- Communicating with the Home Office to ensure your application process goes as it should;
- Provide you with appropriate legal advice depending on your circumstances;
- Assist you in your best course of action after a decision is made on your application.
Our Clients Say
If you are still not sure about choosing us, hear from our clients themselves.
Robina is a very reliable, helpful and experienced immigration solicitor in our area. I had a successful appeal with my Tier 1 applications with the help from Robina.
I’ve loved my experience with Optimus Law. Very friendly staff, easy to talk with, they follow up with you and keep you updated! And surely I will keep using their services.
I required a premium service application to bring my spouse to the UK in time for Christmas and the team at Optimus Law were great. Managed to do everything well before expectation. Professional service would recommend Robina to anyone!!